Can we all take a minute and remember our childhood? Warm summer nights enjoying a banana split perhaps? I remember the yummy goodness and variety of all the different toppings while enjoying every minute of it. This recipe today is a nod to that fun and simple time. You can’t help but look at this colorful dessert kabob and not smile (while licking your lips of course).
We have two customizable aspects in today’s post. First, for any holiday or special occasion around the corner, you can tailor to that with the choice of sprinkles you use. How fun?! And second, our dessert stand today is customizable as well! Our 3-piece tall metal ribbon cake stand set comes with a 5-pack satin ribbon set including white, red, pink, blue and lime. These stands can be stacked or stand-alone offering a beautiful customizable addition to any tablescape.
Banana Split Kabobs
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
Makes 25-30 kabobs
- 1 box brownie mix, baked according to package directions
- 1 package large marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-3 large bananas
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Decorative cake pop sticks
- Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9x13 inch pan. Allow to cool completely. With a small round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter (I used a 1.5” diameter biscuit cutter), cut out round disks. You should be able to get about 25-30 or so brownie disks from this batch. Set aside.
- To make the dipped marshmallows, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. In a separate shallow dish, add sprinkles. Take marshmallow and dip half way into the chocolate, letting excess drip off into bowl, then immediately dip into the sprinkles to coat. Allow chocolate to cool and harden on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Slice the tops and bottoms off each strawberry to form a flat disk-like shape. Slice bananas in 1/2 inch disks as well.
- To assemble: Take a cake pop stick and insert it into the top of the marshmallow. On top of the marshmallow, add the brownie, then strawberry and finally the banana. Serve immediately.*
*If you want to assemble ahead of time, I would recommend assembling everything except the banana and store in the refrigerator. Just before serving, add the banana.