I was at a friend’s bridal shower recently and I saw another fun and delicious trend that inspired me with today’s recipe. Who doesn’t love seeing a yummy pile of donuts just staring back at you…enticing you…calling you. My new favorite mashup is this super easy red velvet donut recipe. It’s indulgent and simple and just what your party menu needs! The cakey donut melts in your mouth as the sweet rush of cream cheese icing leaves you satisfied with every bite!
The dessert stand we’re showcasing today comes from our Jocelyn collection and has such a timeless base with detailed curves. I love the modern touch with a mirror top that shows off any dessert or cake it holds. This piece is so diverse as it comes in 6 different finishes: black, champaign, gold, pink, rose gold and white.
Easy and Delicious Red Velvet Donuts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Makes 20 Donuts
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 2/3 cup red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a donut pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, extract, oil, eggs and milk/lemon mixture until fully incorporated.
- Place batter in a large Ziploc bag and cut a small hole at one end and pipe the batter into the donut cavities about or slightly over ½ full. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and wait 5 minutes before moving donuts to a wire rack to cool. Repeat this step with the remaining batter until all is used.
- For the donut glaze, remove aluminum top from the frosting can and place can in the microwave for 10-15 second. Stir frosting and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each of the cooled donuts into the softened frosting and place on a cookie sheet. While frosting is still wet, top with sprinkles.