I have yet to meet a cupcake I didn’t like and today is no exception. Anytime I can pair fruit with its complementary adult beverage is a win for me. And then to take it a step further and wrap it up into a dessert - jackpot! The fruit brings a fresh element and wonderful texture - especially to cupcakes. Our fruit of choice today is cherry and we’re pairing it with a luscious moscato buttercream. This cupcake recipe gives you such a moist cupcake and I’m so excited to share it with you.
With just as much excitement, I’m also thrilled to be showcasing our crystal-draped LED light cake stand set. With three separate pieces that can be stacked or staggered, this design truly stands out effortlessly. The LED lights are rechargeable and will give you about 6 hours of the perfect glow to your décor before having to recharge.
Wondering what other pairings you could experiment with? Below this recipe is a chart to keep in mind for future pairing options.
Moscato Cherry Cupcakes
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 2 cups moscato wine
- ½ cup milk
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cherry juice (from Maraschino cherries)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons moscato syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped Maraschino cherries, roughly chopped
- 3 sticks butter
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons moscato syrup
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- First, make the moscato syrup. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add moscato wine and heat to a boil then reduce slightly to just short of a rapid boil; let reduce for about 30 minutes. You should end up with 3/4 cup liquid/syrup.
- For the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Fill cupcake tins with liners; set aside. In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, excluding the chopped cherries, add remaining ingredients including the milk/lemon mixture. Beat on medium speed with a hand mixer for 2 minutes. Then, fold in the chopped cherries. Fill cupcake tins 2/3 full and bake for about 18 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar and cream and beat until just combined. Add vanilla and moscato syrup and beat until light and fluffy; about 5 minutes. Add a little more powdered sugar if consistency is a too thin.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with any piping tip you like. Top cupcakes with a cherry and enjoy!
With a cherry on top,
Fruit and wine pairing chart courtesy of this site.