Simple. Fun. Show-stopper. These are the words I have to describe today’s recipe. You’ll be delighted at how simple this recipe is and how fun and entertaining it will be for your guests as well. This is such a playful presentation making your next event one to remember. This magical thing takes place when the Jell-O is setting up in the fridge… it creates a layered effect and gives a little nod to the bubbly that you’d normally see in these glasses from real champagne. Your guests will feel fancy yet playful with the feel of this dessert.
Another nod to champagne is reflected in the finish of our cake stand. The beautiful elegance and detail of the mirror-top sets this piece apart from your average single-tier dessert stand. With 12 inches in diameter, our mirror-top cake stand in champagne is perfect or a wedding, event, party, baby shower, Quinceanera, and more.
Orange Creamsicle Delight
Prep Time: 20 minutes + 2 hours for chill time
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 6-ounce box orange flavored Jell-O (or 2 3-ounce boxes of orange Jell-O)
- 2 cups boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 8 champagne glasses
- Orange slices and mint leaves for garnish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add Jell-O powder and boiling water. Stir until powder is completely dissolved. Add cold water.
- Add 2 cups of whipped cream to the Jell-O mixture and stir until whipped cream has dissolved.
- Pour evenly into 8 champagne glasses and place in the refrigerator until set; about 2 hours. As the Jell-O sets it will separate into two layers.
- Right before serving, pipe or spoon a dollop of the remaining whipped cream on top of the Jell-O in each glass. Place an orange slice on the rim of each glass and add a sprig of mint for color.