Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bites
April 18, 2018
When I was thinking of the perfect delicious bite I believe I hit all the bases with this recipe. My salted caramel cheesecake bites will leave you experiencing all the yummy goodness you'd expect while sizing up the dessert table at any event. And with this recipe, you get to be the lucky giver of goodness to your guests.
The smooth cheesecake layer is coated in chocolate, drizzled with caramel and topped with a hint of sea salt to make all of your taste buds sing! It's the perfect finger food dessert for any occasion. Just one batch can make up to 64 bites so you’re ready for a crowd.
I love the champagne finish on our 12-inch round dessert stand we’re featuring today. It’s versatile enough for any posh event or everyday décor. The signature ornate design on this cake stand makes this piece from our Victoria Collection one of my favorites.
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bites
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces graham crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 5-6 caramel candies, melted
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the crust: In a food processor, pulse graham crackers, cinnamon and salt until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse again until crumb mixture is moist. Press mixture evenly into pan.
- For the cheesecake layer: In a medium size bowl, add cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy; 2-3 minutes. Add sugar, salt, cornstarch, eggs and vanilla and beat until mixture is smooth and pourable. Pour filling on top of crust layer and place pan in center of the oven and bake until just set; about 30 minutes. The filling is set when it just barely jiggles in the center when lightly shaken back and forth. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan before covering the pan and placing in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- After cheesecake has firmed up, remove cheesecake from pan and using a sharp knife, cut into even squares of any size you like. You can get 64 bite size pieces from this batch. Wipe the knife as needed for a clean cut.
- For the topping: In a small microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for 30 second increments just until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip each square into the chocolate and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all bites have been dipped. Allow chocolate to harden; about 5 minutes.
- Unwrap the caramel candies and place them into a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 second increments just until melted.
- Dip a fork into the caramel and then in a back and forth motion, drizzle the caramel over the chocolate-coated bites. Repeat as necessary until there is a caramel drizzle over each square. While caramel is still wet, lightly sprinkle sea salt over each bite.