This dessert takes a nostalgic favorite that a lot of us remember growing up surrounded by family and friends over a campfire making this delicious and simple dessert. Today we are taking that classic and turning it into a less messy but still delicious dessert in the form of a cupcake. The graham cracker crust offers a perfect texture alongside the fluffy cupcake. And the homemade marshmallow meringue frosting just melts in your mouth!
Just as you remember eating s’mores surrounded by loved ones, this dessert too will be enjoyed among similar company. When it’s showcased on our 12-Piece Vintage Crystal-Draped Cupcake Stand, you know you’re ready for a crowd. This cupcake stand features a wrought iron frame with an easy-to-carry handle and is decorated with glass crystal pendants. This finish is a food-safe glossy rose gold color paint. Other finishes include gold, silver and whitewashed.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Marshmallow Meringue Frosting
- 4 eggs whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Crushed graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cupcake tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until they form fine crumbs and makes enough to equal 1 1/2 cups. Place crumbs in a bowl with melted butter and sugar. Mix until completely incorporated. Place a tablespoon size amount in the bottom of each cupcake liner and press until compact. Bake for 7 minutes and remove from oven.
- To make the cupcakes: In a large bowl add all cupcake ingredients and whisk for 2 minutes. Spoon batter on top of the graham cracker crust until half full or just over half full. Bake for 14 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs remaining. Allow to cool.
- To make the marshmallow meringue: In the metal pan of a double boiler add all meringue ingredients and whisk until smooth. Place bowl on the simmering double boiler and heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently until the temperature reaches between 120-140 degrees and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and place mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer. With a whisk attachment, beat for about 7 minutes increasing the speed as you go until stiff shiny peaks form.
- Place meringue in a piping bag with a large round tip and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle crushed graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.